CELTIC FOLDS CATTERY CONTRACT
Freeman, Seller of the kitten described below, on
this____day of _________ 20___,
do hereby sell for
the price of $_________the following Scottish
Fold/British Shorthair kitten:
Date of Birth:
described above is being sold as a pet with the
Purchaser will pay non-refundable deposit of $_______ by __________. Check payable to Monette Freeman or Celtic Folds Cattery and mail to: Monette Freeman 5634 Ridge Run Street San Antonio, TX 78250. Balance of $________ is due when kitten turns 10 weeks old. Purchaser accepts the responsibility of caring for this kitten and will provide properly for his/her welfare. Buyer will purchase a cat tree with sisal rope posts unless home has an existing climbing apparatus and scratching posts.
agrees to keep the kitten indoors, in a clean
environment, un-caged with proper nutrition (high
quality cat food – no grains), health care and
3. Purchaser agrees that this kitten will never be allowed outdoors except in a proper carrier or enclosed run, which is protected, from predators and infection from other animals. If this provision is violated, Breeder/Seller reserves the unconditional right to reclaim the kitten without refund of purchase price.
4. Purchaser agrees that if the kitten is found to be neglected or mistreated, Breeder/Seller shall have the unconditional right to rehome the kitten without refund of the purchase price. Neglect shall include, but not be limited to lack of proper sanitary facilities; poor health that is not be treated in a timely manner and otherwise poor condition. Mistreatment shall include, but not limited to lack of proper food, water or physical abuse. Declawing is considered mistreatment and Purchaser agrees to keep the kitten’s nails trimmed regularly but in this particular case – I leave it to the owner and her vet to make this decision provided she keep her decision confidential.
5. Breeder/Seller agrees that if this kitten is not already spayed/neutered at the time of the sale, the kitten must be spayed or neutered between the ages of 5 to 6 months. The Purchaser agrees to send the Breeder/Seller documentation from a licensed veterinarian that the kitten has been spayed/neutered. If the Purchaser fails to provide such evidence within the time period, the Breeder/Seller may reclaim the kitten without refund. The Breeder/Seller agrees to forward registration papers upon proof of spay/neuter procedure. Any kitten sold to Canada or Europe will have to be spay/neutered before they leave. Board is $100 extra since kitten will have to stay extra 1-2 months.
Purchaser agrees that the kitten will always receive prompt licensed veterinarian medical care in case of illness or sickness and will never be allowed to harbor fleas or other parasites. Kitten will be given a monthly flea treatment if there are any other animals in the home.
7. Purchaser agrees that under no circumstances will this kitten ever be sold, leased or given to any pet shop, animal shelter, research laboratory or similar facility. If for any reason the Purchaser is unable to keep the kitten, Purchaser can give/sell kitten to a friend or relative, Breeder/Seller must give approval.
Health Guarantee: This kitten is guaranteed to be in good health upon delivery or arrival and for a period of 7 (seven) days thereafter if it is quarantined from other pets and seen by a licensed vet within that time. If found to be medically unsound with a serious or life threatening congenital condition, the Breeder/Seller must be notified with documentation from a licensed vet and the kitten will be replaced with another kitten of comparable quality and value, if available. The Breeder/Seller reserves the right to substitute a cash refund. This health guarantee will be waived if the kitten dies of a virus from contact with another animals not bred by the Celtic Folds Cattery. This guarantee of health is void if the Purchaser has the kitten vaccinated for FIV or FIP in the first year of his/her life. These vaccines are very stressful to the immune system and are not necessary for the continued health of an indoor only kitten that doesn’t have repeated contact with other cats.
This kitten is guaranteed against congenital defects for 1 (one) year. Should the animal die within that time as a direct result of a congenital defect, the kitten will be replaced only if an appropriate autopsy is performed by a licensed veterinarian (not related to Purchaser) and a veterinarian’s certificate is provided as proof of cause of death. A replacement will be made of a kitten of comparable quality and value as available, at the discretion of the Breeder/Seller. The Breeder/Seller reserves the right to substitute a cash refund of sale price only. Owner pays transportation.
If kitten dies while in possession of Breeder, the kitten will be replaced as soon as possible. If Purchaser rejects all kittens offered up to a year from contract, purchase price that was paid will be returned and contract becomes null and void.
9. Purchaser assumes all responsibility for shipping kitten including airfare and flight insurance. Breeder/Seller assumes no responsibility for illness/death directly related to shipping conditions. Breeder/Seller reserves the right to refuse shipping during certain extreme hot/cold months unless plane is climate controlled.
Any legal action
which may arise under the terms of this contract will be
brought within the jurisdiction of Texas. Purchaser will be liable for any court costs
and related charges including attorney’s fees associated
with Breed/Seller enforcing the terms of this contract.
This agreement is the entire agreement between the
parties. In signing this document, Purchaser
acknowledges that he/she has read, fully understands and
agrees to all of the terms and conditions of the above
WHEREOF, we each have signed this agreement on the______
of _________ 20____.
5634 Ridge Run Street San Antonio, TX 78250